Our practice is conducted in a professional manner and we follow the guidelines as outlined by the American Massage Therapy Association and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Body Work. We have outlined some of our office policies in order to make your visit more efficient and enjoyable.
What is Expected From Our Patients
- Sessions begin and end at scheduled times. Sessions that begin late due to the client arriving late end at the scheduled time and are full price.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.*
- Be present (not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.)
- Clients provide a health history and update when necessary.
- If a cancellation is necessary, please give 24-hour notice or you are charged for the appointment. Emergency cancellations are charged at my discretion.
- If you completely missed your appointment, you will be charged for the entire appointment.
- Payment is expected at the time service is rendered.
- Be clean, having showered the same day as treatment.
- Sexual Harassment is not tolerated. If we feel our safety is compromised, the session will end immediately.
First Visit Only: You will need to fill out a client intake form. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out these forms. You may also print these forms using the links provided and bring them in at the time of your appointment.
What Our Patients Can Expect From Us
- I provide my clients with a competent and professional session each time they come for an appointment addressing the client's specific needs for that session.
- My office hours are by appointment only. Clients may leave a message on my voicemail and I will return the call as soon as I am available or within 24 hours unless I am out of town or at a workshop.
- Clients are treated with respect and dignity.
- I perform services for which I am qualified (physically and emotionally able) to do and refer to appropriate specialists when work is not within my scope of practice and/or not within the client's best interest.
- I customize my treatment to meet the clients needs.
- I stay current with information and techniques by reading and/or researching and by taking professional workshops that meet or exceed the minimum hours required by licensing laws or to remain active in current professional organizations.
- Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- If I need to cancel an appointment, I will do so within 24 hours whenever possible.
- If I completely miss an appointment, you will receive one treatment at no charge.
- Clients are draped with a sheet or towel at all times during the session. Only parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time. The genitals are never exposed or massaged.